Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Planned....

A few days ago I ate something that left me feeling kind of "off". TMI moment - it also gave me the runs. 

Over the next few days I would continue to feel off and not my self at all. I was tired, lethargic, avoiding food because even though it looked good as soon as I ate it I would want to throw up. 

Yesterday I woke up feeling a little better. I went to the Cruncy Playdate and scored some awesome gently used clothes and other little goodies for Kaileb. But by the end of it I was starting to feel really drained. 

I came home and decided to take a nap. I figured it would be the perfect time to do so since hubby was at work and I only had a few hours till I had to go to class. 

Well the nap did not help. I woke up feeling like death ran me over. It was hard to function and I was really shaky. So I decided to skip my math class and stay home. By 9pm I was feeling like I was going to throw up every 5 minutes (on top of all my other symptoms) so I decided to call my midwife.

Her and I both agreed I should probably go to the ER and get checked out. There is a real nasty flu bug hitting the Tri-Cities right now and we wanted to make sure that I didn't have it. Especially since I am expecting. It would be hell to get the flu.

Well I decided to wait for Matt to come home. By 11pm we were on our way to the hospital. Kadlec was very busy that night. I was surprised by how fast they saw us and got us a room. I was even more surprised with how much attention I got upon getting my room.

I had blood drawn and gave them a urine sample so they could check my blood count and electrolyte levels. Then I was hooked up to a hydration bag (I always forget what those things are called). They also checked baby boy to make sure he was doing okay too. He had a strong heart beat at 144bpm.

By the time the bag was almost empty they came in and gave me some anti nausea meds through my IV. 45 minutes later I was feeling really good. I even wanted to eat something!

Long story short because of whatever I ate that caused me to have the "runs" dehydrated me very badly. I have been taking it easy today. Drinking a lot of water and eating light foods. 

By tomorrow I should be back up and running on my feet again!

hospital gowns are not flattering!

The IV with the foot long plastic needle they put in my arm.

He was such a great sport. And super supportive through the entire thing.


Starting to feel better and ready to get back home!

It would totally rock my world if you gave this a click!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: